The Party Wall

The Party Wall etc Act, 1996. Some kinds of work carried out to a property may not be controlled by Building Regulations, but may be work which is covered by The Party Wall etc Act 1996.

You must find out whether work you intend to carry out falls within the Act. This includes work which involves:

Work on an existing wall shared with another property

Building on the boundary with another property

Excavating near a boundary

It is essential that you understand your obligations and serve the proper legal Notices. There is no charge for the first 30 minutes of consultation.

Please Contact Us for consultation and guidance on costs.

RICS Consumer Guide PDFs


We’re different … Our team includes members of the following:

• Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors

• Association of Building Engineers

• Royal Institute of British Architects

• Royal Town Planning Institute

• Institute of Civil Engineers

• Chartered Institute of Arbitrators

• Institute of Historic Building Conservation

You can be sure that whatever area of Professional Advice you require, we are in a position to help or point you in the right direction.

We also have access to a wide team of Building Contractors and Tradesmen who can implement high quality improvements and repairs to all elements of your property, tradesmen who can be relied upon to provide the right standard of workmanship at the right price.

We will be pleased to provide Site Management advice and overseeing works to implement your plans.


Contact us……

…… To discuss all your requirements for a Survey and Surveyor on the Isle of Wight, Hampshire, New Forest, Dorset, Devon, Cornwall, West Sussex, East Sussex, Kent, Wiltshire, Avon, Berkshire and Surrey.

All consultations are strictly confidential. All initial consultations are Free.